Definitions and key terms
- Cookie – small amount of data generated by a website and save by your web browser. It is used to identify your browser, provide analytics, and remember information about you such as your language preference or login information.
- Country- where FICWSI or the owners/founders of FICWSI are based in Philippines.
- Customer- refers to the company, organization or person that signs up to use the FICWSI service.
- Device – any internet connected device such as a phone, tablet, computer or any other device that can be used to visit FICWSI and use the services.
- IP address – every device connected to the Internet is assigned a number known as an Internet protocol (IP) address. These numbers are usually assigned in geographic blocks. An IP address can often be used to identify the location from which a device is connecting to the Internet.
- Personal Data – any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information – including a personal identification number – allows for the identification of a natural person.
- Service – refers to the service provided by FICWSI as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this platform.
- Third-party service – refers to advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you.
- Website – FICWSI site, which can be accessed via this www.ficwsi.org.ph.
- You – “you”, “user”, a person or entity that is registered with FICWSI to use the Services.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information from you when you visit our website, register on our site, and use it to manage your transactions such as communication, donation, payment, advertisement, etc.
- Personal Information – it is collected and tied together to create a very detailed profile about you. This is necessary in operating and improving FICWSI, analyzing its use, and ensuring its security. Providing you a better service, we will only use your personal information within the scope of the purpose of use or as specified by law. The following are what we are going to collect, it may be required or optional:
- Contact Number
- Job Title
- Company Name
- Email Address
- Identification Card Number
- Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Activities – we gather data about your activity in our services, which we use to recommend things you might like. The activity information we collect may include:
- Things you search
- Videos you watch
- Views and interaction with content and ads
Do we share the information we collect with third parties?
We may engage trusted third party service providers to perform functions and provide services to us, such as credit card processing, customer service and fulfilling orders for products and services you may avail through the FICWSI website. We will likely share your personal information, and possibly some non-personal information, with these third parties to enable them to perform these services for us and for you.
We may share portions of our log file data, including IP addresses, for analytics purposes with third parties such as web analytics partners, applications developers, and ad networks. If your IP address is shared, it may be used to estimate general location and other techno-graphics such as connection speed, whether you have visited the website in a shared location, and type of the device used to visit the website. They may aggregate information about our advertising and what you see on the website and then provide auditing, research and reporting for us and our advertisers.
Where and when is information collected from customers and end users?
FICWSI will collect personal information that you submit to us.
How do we use the Information we collect?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs).
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you).
- To improve customer service (your information helps us more efficiently respond to your customer service requests and support needs.)
- To process transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey other site feature.
- To send periodic emails.
How do we use your Email Address?
By submitting your email address in this website, you agree to receive emails from us. You can cancel your participation in any of these email lists at any time by clicking in the opt-out link or other unsubscribe option that is included in the respective email. We only send emails to people who have authorized us to contact them, either directly, or through a third party. We do not send unsolicited commercial emails, because we hate spam as much as you do. By submitting your email address, your also agree to allow us to use your email address for customer audience targeting. Email addresses submitted only through the order processing page will be used for the sole purpose of sending you information and updates pertaining to your order. If, however, you have provide the same email to us through another method, we may use it for any of the purposes stated in this Policy.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each mail.
How long do we keep your information?
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide FICWSI to you and fulfill the purposes described in this policy. This is also the case that we share your information with and who carries our services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can’t identify you.
How do we protect your information?
We implement variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. When you pay or send donations, the transmitted credit information is encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) is never kept on file.
Is information collected through the FICWSI Service secure?
We take precautions to protect the security of your information. We have physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help safeguard, prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use your information.
Can I update or correct my information?
The rights you have to request updates or corrections to the information FICWSI collects depend on your relationship with FICWSI. Personnel may update or correct their information as detailed in our internal company employment policies.
You should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us from our system. The need to back up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of your information may exist in a non-erasable form that will be difficult or impossible for us to locate. Promptly after receiving your request, all personal information stored in databases we actively use, and other readily searchable media will be updated, corrected, change or deleted, as appropriate, as soon as and to the extent reasonably and technically practicable.
If you are an end user and wish to update, delete, or receive any information we have about you, you may do by contacting the organization of which you are a customer.
Links to Other Websites
This website may contain third party advertisements and links to third party sites, FICWSI does not make any representation as to the accuracy or suitability of any of the information contained in those advertisements or sites and does not accept any responsibility or liability for the conduct or content of those advertisements and sites and the offerings made by the third parties.
Advertising keeps FICWSI website and services you use free of charge. We work hard to make sure that ads are safe, unobtrusive, and as relevant as possible.
Third party advertisements and links to other sites where goods or services are advertise are not endorsements or recommendations by FICWSI of the third party sites, goods or services. FICWSI takes no responsibility for the content of any of the ads, promises made, or the quality/reliability of the products or services offered in all advertisements.
Cookies for Advertising
These cookies collect information over time about your online activity on the website and other online services to make online advertisements more relevant and effective to you. This is known as interest-based advertising. They also perform functions like preventing the same ad from reappearing and ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers. Without cookies, it’s really hard for an advertiser to reach its audience, or to know how many ads were shown and how many clicks they received.
Blocking and disabling cookies and similar technologies
Wherever you’re located you may also set your browser to block cookies and similar technologies. But this action may block our essential cookies and prevent our website from functioning properly, and you may not be able to fully utilize all of its features and services. You should also be aware that you may also lose save information (e.g. saved logon details, site preferences) if you block cookies in your browser. Different browsers make different controls available to you. Disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser, you will need to do this yourself from within your browser, and you should visit your browser’s help menu for more information.
We use remarketing service, it is the practice of serving ads across the internet to people who have already visited your website. It allows the user to seem look they’re following people around the internet ads on the websites and platforms they use the most.
In respect to any credit card or other payment processing details you have provided us, we commit that this confidential information will be stored in the most secure manner possible.
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data without your permission, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification or parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our services.
We may display, include or make available third-party content (including data, information, applications and other products services) or provide links to third party websites or services (“Third-Party Services”).
You acknowledge and agree that FICWSI shall not be responsible for any Third-Party Services, including their accuracy completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect thereof. FICWSI does not assume and shall not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third Party Services.
Third-Party Services and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you and you access and use them entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties’ terms and conditions.
If you have any concern, don’t hesitate to contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.